My client, a exponentially expansive retailer, requires a Senior VAT Accountant to join their London based team.
3-6 months + extension, central London- £400-500 PER DAY!
Specific responsibilities include:
- Monthly reconciliations of the VAT GL accounts (VAT Output, VAT Input and VAT Control) in line with the EMEA month end timetable and any reconciling items investigated in a timely manner;
- Ensure the VAT GL accounts reconcile to the VAT Returns submitted to local tax authorities and the control accounts are cleared down accurately;
- Producing reports needed for the preparation of the VAT Returns, across the EMEA entities and liaising with external VAT advisers accordingly;
- Ownership of VAT module with regards to UAT testing when new instance on ERP before it goes live - testing the VAT rate(s) and any other considerations applicable for that Country;
- Ensure all aspects of VAT transactions correctly captured within the ERP system including transactions with special VAT treatment (e.g Reverse Charges, Cross-border Inventory Charges and Triangulation relationships).
- Producing reports needed for the preparation of EC Sales Lists and Intrastat filings in line with EU reporting obligations, as well as SAF-T reporting where applicable
- Forecasting of VAT payments, based on business growth, across EMEA and ensuring payments to tax authorities are made accurately and on time
- Reconciling logistics outbound reports with ACM and derive data for VAT reporting
- Providing supporting information for audits
Only looking to speak with Senior VAT Accountants with at least 6-10 years experience!
For further information on this role and the broader contracting market, please contact myself directly on 0207 429 4426