This multinational law firm boasts a prestigious reputation, having featured in the top 10 Financial Times Innovative Lawyers rankings in the Americas, Asia Pacific and EMEA in 2016. With 13,000 employees globally and revenues of US$2.67 billion in FY2017, it retains an extensive and diverse portfolio of clients, ranging from multinational corporates to private equity houses.
In this role, you will primarily be working on complex VAT projects for the world's largest and innovative companies. The role will involve working on standalone VAT projects but much of the work involves collaborating with other tax colleagues (direct tax, transfer pricing or wealth management). This firm have a large client base in the technology, digital, financial services, real estate and pharma sectors.
· The work is divided between VAT advisory work, contentious work and transactional work
· The role will also involve multi-disciplinary projects with other teams (such as regulatory, corporate reorganisations or dispute resolution colleagues)
· Involved in developing and executing the business development strategy
· Much of the work has an international element, and you will work closely with colleagues globally.
· Strong VAT experience, at least part-obtained from a leading professional services organisation (i.e. Big Four or City law firm)
· Professionally qualified: CTA/ATT, Solicitor, Barrister, Chartered Accountant or equivalent
· 6+ years VAT experience
· A confident person, who has strong VAT technical skills, to help manage significant client projects and to deliver work of the highest quality.
· Excellent technical abilities and development potential
· First class communicator - both strong verbally and written - and able to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders and clients with ease.
· Friendly and collaborative working environment
· Become part of a leading team enjoying double digit growth
· Defined contribution pension scheme
· Private medical
· Discretionary bonus
· Modern output focused working culture.
With unlimited exposure to Partners and clients, you will join a fast growing and unrestricted (not an auditor) team of high calibre advisers. If you have serious ambitions to become a Partner, you will know that getting the right sponsorship, client exposure and headroom is vital to your success.
For a confidential discussion please contact Greg Dadson at Nebula Partners directly:
m: +44 (0)7539 354 605