Senior VAT advisory role with a well-known Fortune500 group.
Our client is a US multinational group with substantial operations across the EMEA region. As part of a wider centralisation project they are now looking to build a new VAT advisory function based in Bratislava. This role will lead a team of 5 VAT advisors supporting the business across the EMEA region, reporting into the Indirect Tax Director. This role will have an advisory focus supporting multiple business lines, with compliance managed by a separate team. On offer will be a competitive salary package for the right candidate.
- Evaluate business and corporate strategies for VAT efficiency, participate in decision making and deployment of the strategies;
- Advise the Business Units on VAT and Customs Duty queries (including in Europe) related to existing and new business areas;
- Reviewing new legislation and advise on the implications for the group's indirect tax position;
- Oversight and support with audits and controversy as required, proactively seeking to manage and reduce risks;
- Work with and manage external Big 4 advisers to obtain advice on indirect tax matters affecting existing and new business areas;
- Provide ad hoc support to the wider Tax and corporate leadership teams.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- CTA/ACA qualification preferred, but not essential.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +4420 7429 4480