Our client is a global law firm with offices in 14 countries. The role can be based in either London or Manchester. The firm are currently transforming their internal VAT function, so there will be a number of interesting projects for the successful candidate to be involved in. The role will be reporting into the Global VAT Manager and will be responsible for indirect tax compliance support across multiple jurisdictions.
- Prepare monthly UK and Global VAT returns, and accounting and reconciliation reports;
- Liaise with external advisors and provide data to them by agreed deadlines in an agreed format;
- Assist in providing indirect tax support to the commercial side of the business and communicating with non-tax finance team members;
- Provide assistance for any indirect tax audits arising, as required;
- Assist in developing and implementing internal process improvements;
- Ad hoc research of indirect tax issues and other duties in relation to indirect tax.
- Strong Excel skills are preferred.
- Demonstrable Indirect Tax Knowledge across the EMEA region
- Excellent client facing and relationship building skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The next step
Please contact Tonye Dokubo for a confidential discussion on 020 7429 4433