Our client is seeking an Assistant VAT Manager to join their dynamic Tax team in either their London or Manchester office. With offices in 14 countries, the key to their success and continued ability to deliver the highest quality service to clients is their “one-firm” culture – a spirit of teamwork and shared commitment to quality across the firm’s global offices that has long distinguished them.
As an Assistant VAT Manager, you will be responsible for acting as a VAT specialist for the firm with regards to providing indirect tax compliance support in multiple jurisdictions, indirect tax research, and various special projects. Other key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Global VAT Manager in ensuring the firm’s compliance with tax laws and regulations with regards to indirect taxes in all countries in which the firm has a filing requirement
- Providing support on day-to-day questions relating to the filing of indirect tax returns, European Sales Listings, Intrastat returns, and other indirect tax real time reporting requirements
- Working closely with the Global VAT Manager to devise and design VAT best practice for the firm
- Assisting with managing indirect tax audits and communicating with the firm’s tax and audit service providers and tax authorities in each jurisdiction
- Working closely with the firm’s attorneys and partners as a subject matter expert and trusted advisor on VAT matters and considerations
- Working with the Global Tax Manager to identify indirect tax issues ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately
Skills and attributes
- Display excellent organizing, planning and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit well developed and professional interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm
- Thrive working in a team environment with a customer service focus
- Relevant professional experience in either public accounting at a multi-office professional services organization or in industry
- Demonstrable indirect tax knowledge (e.g., indirect tax compliance and/or research) in the EMEA region
- Knowledge/experience of tax technology tools/solutions and basic understanding of IT-systems and VAT/GST reporting solutions
Benefits to you
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding job opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in our client’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance
- Wellness programs (e.g. membership to HeadSpace, access to mental health services, well-being events, etc.)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, our client has a range of global affinity groups (including LGBTQ group, multicultural group, women’s group). These provide a platform for staff to share experiences, advice, and interests, encouraging a continued discussion on diversity.