Our client is a global banking group with a high calibre tax function. Due to ongoing growth of their European operations, the Head of Indirect Tax is looking to hire an additional Indirect Tax specialist to support a close-knit team of VAT experts. Working across all the bank's asset/wealth management operations, this role will involve a mixture of advisory and some compliance responsibilities, requiring a highly technical and flexible individual.
- Advise business units to VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all transactions.
- Provide expertise to business units regarding VAT issues, including technical training.
- Contribute ideas to the VAT/Indirect Tax strategy of the wider group.
- Oversee international compliance obligations
- Identify and implement VAT process/system improvements where possible.
- Provide ad hoc support to other tax team members where required
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
- Experience working in financial services is preferable but not essential.
- Excellent technical ability in VAT.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 20 7429 4480