The role requires to manage the indirect tax matters and provide indirect tax advice to all the areas in the business at a group level.
Our client is a large FTSE 100 group who have seen good growth even during the challenging year of 2020.
- Act as the subject matter specialist for all VAT matters covering both operational compliance and enhanced tax efficiencies
- Proactively work with key stakeholders to identify and address VAT opportunities and VAT risks
- Oversee compliance and controls processes for indirect tax
- Managing and developing key relationships with internal and external stakeholders and provide appropriate technical VAT advice
- Review implications of proposed new business systems and processes and assess their impact and provide indirect tax inputs including supporting on finance transformation project
- Undertake adhoc compliance tasks and proactively complete in house VAT compliance reviews
- Maintain a professional working relationship with UK HMRC VAT officers, acting as the main contact point for correspondence, disclosures and inspections
- Manage and develop the VAT team
- Support the broader finance teams with ad hoc advice on international VAT/GST matters
- CTA, ACA or equivalent experience
- Strong technical VAT knowledge
- A drive for accuracy and completeness and good time management to ensure tasks are completed to tight deadlines
- Effectively operate in a fast paced environment and demonstrate leadership qualities
Competitive salary and benefits