Regional VAT advisory lead for a leading Fortune500 corporate.
Our client is a US listed global conglomerate with a highly reputed in-house tax team based in a number if European hubs. They are now seeking to hire a Senior VAT Manager to act as VAT lead for a number of western and southern European jurisdictions. The role will have oversight of all VAT issues within these jurisdictions including planning, compliance and documentation, with primary focus on providing commercial advice to local business partners.
On offer will be an exceptional salary package working in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Advise business units on VAT issues, ensuring tax risk is managed appropriately for all commercial and corporate operations.
- Assess the Indirect Tax risk of the firm's operations, making strategic decisions on the position and ensuring continued positive reputation with tax authorities.
- Oversight of compliance obligations within selected jurisdictions, working closely with the central shared service hub.
- Represent the business, taking the lead on engagements and negotiations with external advisors, government bodies, tax authorities, and auditors.
- Ensure operational effectiveness and continuously improve the integrity of systems and controls.
- Work with regional and global stakeholders on VAT initiatives.
- Act as a key member of the Tax team, providing ad hoc support where required.
In order to succeed in this challenging role, it is expected that you will have:
- 8+ years Indirect Tax experience.
- Prior tax leadership and team management experience is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and strong commercial decision making.
The next step
Please contact Ben Shepherd for a confidential discussion on +44 20 7429 4480