Senior VAT Officer
Great Moor House, Exeter, Devon EX2 7NN
£32,029 - £35,934
Permanent, full time
The Tax Compliance Team is seeking to recruit a Senior VAT Officer, to provide support, advice and guidance to council services on all aspects of VAT compliance. An up to date knowledge of VAT legislation and practice is essential, ideally with local authority/public sector experience.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Preparation and checking of VAT returns, and associated activity (such as complex partial exemption calculations);
- Interpretation of VAT regulations, providing robust advice and guidance on their implications for council services and schools;
- VAT compliance monitoring, dealing with adjustments and corrections in liaison with finance teams;
- Tax education and promotion across the council;
- Monitoring changes to VAT legislation and the potential impact on the Council;
- Playing an active role in developing the tax compliance service, reducing risk whilst pursuing savings and tax efficiency.
We are looking for an individual with a sound understanding of the application of VAT regulations to complex scenarios, who can deal confidently with a wide range of customers at all levels within the organisation. They will be well-organised and self-motivated, capable of providing a high-quality tax service to tight deadlines.
The post is full-time with a flexible work pattern over 5 days per week. Alternative working hours or patterns may be considered.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
For an informal discussion please contact Ray Rimes on 01392 383545.
To download the job description and apply for the role, please visit www.devonjobs.gov.uk and search using REC/19/06732.
For more information about working for Devon please visit our Working for Devon page.