Leading global asset manager looking to recruit a Tax Accountant.
Your new company
Leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world looking to recruit a Tax Accountant.
Your new role
In this newly created role you will be responsible for providing an efficient and robust tax compliance environment, including the preparation and maintenance of accounting provision information and group tax reporting, both in the UK and to the US parent, as well as responsibility for VAT reporting.
The role, will involve significant interface and working with the UK finance team, the wider US parent company tax team on tax reporting, as well liaison with auditors. The role is part of a 4 person tax team based in London.
Role Responsibilities :
- Preparation of accounting provision information for accounting and reporting purposes, and in liaison with the wider finance team ensuring that the tax position is accurately recorded in the accounts.
- Tax compliance, including the preparation of corporation tax computations and returns for all relevant UK entities.
- Facilitating and ensuring that direct and indirect tax compliance, including reporting is maintained for overseas entities of the group. Assisting in the monitoring of the status of offshore operation, including PE issues, and providing explanations and analysis as required.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of Transfer Pricing arrangements across the group, and ensure that the group Transfer Pricing policies are adhered to and that reporting and analysis accurately reflects the underlying business agreements and needs.
- Ensure that all claims and elections are made as appropriate.
- Preparation of VAT returns and related compliance, as well as providing advice and explaining implications of potential decisions as required to the wider business on VAT treatment across the UK, EMEA and Asia.
- Provision and analysis of technical information to the US parent as required.
- Liaison with external auditors as required.
What you'll need to succeed
Key Capabilities :
- Qualified tax professional with 3+ year's relevant experience.
- Accounting background, experience of producing tax provisions and statutory disclosures, tax compliance, and providing advice to business leaders.
- Use of One Source, Longview systems beneficial.
- Confidence to communicate effectively and build relationships with colleagues and auditors.
- An interest in developing expertise in all tax related matters applying across the UK and other jurisdictions in which the business operates.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.