We are currently looking for a Direct Tax Accountant to be based in our European Asahi Headquarters in Woking. This role will be The role within the Asahi Europe Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) and responsible for managing the UK tax compliance of the Asahi Europe (AEL) UK Group and support the tax accounting and disclosures undertaken by the FSSC. In addition, you would provide tax advice across the business and support the AEL Head of Tax as required and assist with M&A and new country projects as required.
Whereas we’re looking for a Direct Tax Accountant, this is an exciting appointment with the opportunity to develop tax knowledge and skills across other tax areas such as VAT and Excise being fully supported by the AEL Head of Tax. The role will suit someone who is keen to develop as a tax professional in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Manage the UK Tax reporting and compliance function within FSSC by:
- Preparing all tax returns and related data including VAT returns, Corporate Tax returns and Excise returns
- The AEL Group’s Tax disclosures and Statutory Accounts Tax notes and Deferred Tax accounts.
- Preparing tax reports for Asahi Group Holdings Japan, including BEPS Country by Country reporting.
- Ensure that all FSSC tax controls are operative and undertake suitable compliance checks for related finance processes.
- Prepare tax accruals for management accounting purposes and oversee the payment of VAT payments on account and Corporate Tax instalments to HMRC.
Provide tax relevant data for selective non UK entities, such as Switzerland and the Netherlands
- Assist with the operation of the Group’s Central Functions annual recharge mechanism and undertake supportive Transfer Pricing interviews of the UK Function heads.
Your Ideal Background;
- Qualified Accountant and/or Chartered Institute of Tax qualified, Degree in Accounting or equivalent studies.
- ERP (preferred SAP and Hyperion HFM) knowledge with a real, provable aptitude for understanding and mastering financial systems.
- Background within Direct Tax
- Additional knowledge of Personal tax preferred
- Previous experience with Tax compliance services, either in a Professional Practice or an Industry role. Excise Duty knowledge would be an advantage
- Superior numeracy skills, advanced problem solving, excellent attention to detail and analytical skills with good excel modelling.
- Possess good research skills and excellent communication skills
- Languages: English; (French or German would be an advantage)
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Daily lunch allowance
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ (pro rata) holiday