We're looking for a Tax Accountant join our Finance team in London. As Tax Accountant you will be responsible for preparing the tax aspects of external reporting, including disclosures and draft audit papers, tax forecasting including cash tax and ongoing monitoring. You will also support the teams tax deadline management to deliver 100% compliance on tax return filings and payments and manage queries from the businesses. Finally you will drive efficiencies through process improvements and including implementation of new technologies.
As Tax Accountant, your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for preparation of the group’s tax accounting calculations, including monthly, interim and year-end reporting.
- Responsible for preparation of the interim and year-end tax provisions and disclosures along with associated tax reporting documentation.
- Working closely with the external auditors to ensure successful interim and year-end audit process.
- Responsible for preparation and maintenance of the tax forecasting process covering ETR and cash tax.
- Responsible for maintaining and reviewing tax compliance and accounting workflow for all group companies and reporting on status.
- Assist the tax team with implementation of the group transfer pricing strategy and documentation maintenance.
- Work with the group finance team to ensure real time accounting for intragroup transactions (both financing and operational) in line with the group’s transfer pricing policy.
- Assist the tax team on tax enquiries from the wider Ascential business.
- Provide compliance support on M&A transactions e.g. dataroom compliance, compliance aspects of due diligence reviews.
- Assist the team to work with the legal team on implementation and execution of M&A and restructuring activities.
- Work with the tax team and group finance team to drive productivity and efficiencies in relation to tax accounting processes.
The successful candidate is likely to have experience of the following areas;
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with corporate tax experience
- Organised and disciplined process management
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapid change, international business
- Takes the initiative and able to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with team members at all levels
- Able to handle complexity and identify key points for insight and action
- Collaborative, open style
- Motivated by the chance to change things for the better
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.