Your new role
The Tax Accountant plays a key role in enabling the London Branch of this global bank to fulfil its Tax Compliance and Reporting requirements and also have an opportunity to play a significant and on-going role in internal projects.
Working in a well-established team, the role holder's responsibilities will include production of monthly, quarterly, and annual VAT returns. The role holder will assist the Senior Tax Manager and work closely with and influence other members of the Finance Team and other members from different functions (Risk, Operations etc) to provide the required data to enable Compliance with Tax related reporting requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager in all aspects of corporation tax compliance for the Branch (including Transfer Pricing);
- Work closely with the Senior Tax Manager and HoF/CFO in the periodic reviews of all Transfer Pricing related matters including completing functional analysis.
- Prepare KPI assessment information, explain tax related movements analysis to management;
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager or Financial & HO Reporting teams to develop reporting, budgeting and forecasting of tax related balances;
- Forge good working relationships with HO tax departments/colleagues and other overseas institutions along with the different departments in London;
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager in the preparation, implementation, update and maintenance of all tax policy and procedure manuals of for the branch in London;
- Assist in the completion of quarter-end and year-end business forecasting as requested by HO or management;
- Co-ordinate with Head Office and locally in London with Senior Tax Manager and other Finance team members the formulation of the key reports to be completed and proactively support the planning and production of all Head Office and internal reports and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important analysis of results and KPIs and trends;
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager to enhance the quality and efficiency of the production of all tax related reporting of the London branch as necessary;
- In conjunction with other business managers, ensure that adequate tax/accounting and other records and internal controls in the finance areas are maintained (particularly with ref to Tax Risk Management);
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager in maintaining a Tax Risk Register and ensure that any deficiencies in controls identified by Operational Risk (via the Risk Evaluations & Controls Assessment) is remediated in a timely manner;
- Liaise with the external auditors and assisting in preparing statutory and regulatory financial statements;
- Other ad hoc projects assigned by CEO ,CFO, Head Of Finance.
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional qualification in accounting/finance discipline;
- Experience working at a similar level, within accounting, banking or auditing fields, preferably in the financial services sector;
- Highly competent in producing written reports;
- A strong knowledge of tax accounting, IFRS accounting standards and theory, and financial reporting principles;
- Excellent IT skills including MMS office and Excel.