Corporate tax accountant job with award winning firm. Cambridge, Ipswich or Bury St Edmunds. Study support
Hays are recruiting for an award winning, highly regarded firm, who are looking to strengthen their Corporate and Business Tax team. You can be based at either the Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds or Cambridge office, although at the present time due to the pandemic, they are largely operating a work from home model.
The firm's client portfolio includes business clients across the spectrum from the very small to groups turning over several hundreds of million including OMBs, subsidiaries of larger international groups, charities and LLPs. This is an interesting and varied role which provides real scope for personal and career development. You will work closely with managers and partners, assisting them in tax compliance and advisory matters, and with appropriate supervision, draft computations, letters and reports for manager / partner review. You will prepare key client reporting documents, adhere to cost budgets and be involved with various tax compliance and advisory matters.
- Recent experience within a professional services environment giving you at least a working knowledge of Corporate and Business Tax is essential.
- You should be ATT and/or AAT/ICAEW/ACCA qualified or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience. You may be studying towards a relevant qualification such as ATT/CTA. Full study support towards ATT/CTA would be available (as would refresher training) if required.
- Must be keen to be involved in planning and technical aspects of tax, compliance and advisory work, and to develop your skills.
- A high level of ICT (Excel, Word) literacy is required. Experience of Alphatax and CCH software would be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to develop client relationships.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, flexible and prepared to undertake some travel within East Anglia.
- A driving licence and access to your own transport is essential.
The role offers a great opportunity to gain experience within a prestigious team that has gained significant recognition. The firm offers an attractive salary with numerous benefits in a friendly working environment. They have an extensive in-house training programme for all staff.
Interested? Please contact Cara Whyte to discuss further or apply on line.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.