Tax Accountant - Global Insurance
City of London
c£65,000 per annum + bonus + benefits
To support the Group tax department in managing its increased UK and international tax requirements.
The company continues to grow through a mixture of external M&A and organic growth, which has resulted in the Group being designated a large taxpayer for UK and international taxes.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Assist with group tax reporting and compliance involving preparation of UK tax returns
- Assist with the tax input into tax forecasts and budgets
- Review overseas tax charges calculated by overseas teams
- Assist in the preparation of transfer pricing reports
- Assist with structuring acquisitions
- Liaise with external adviser for the group's outsourced tax compliance arrangement
- Assist with CbCR compliance
- Assistance of the tax forecasting and cash tax processes
- Calculation of cash tax payments, explaining variances against forecast
- Assist with dealing with overseas tax authorities
- Assist with HMRC enquiries
- Assist with compliance with the SAO regime e.g. sample testing, summarising results
- Assist with VAT return process
- Monthly reconciliation of tax balances
- Preparation of tax journals
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries e.g. certificates of residency, FATCA documentation etc.
Skills and abilities needed to perform role
- Ideal candidates will be a NQ Tax professional or accountant with previous working experience in this field, but this is not essential.
- Ability and flexibility to work well under tight deadlines and multi-task
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time appropriately and wisely in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across departments
- Collaborative team player with the ability to foster good working relationships
Knowledge and Experience
- Prior experience of large company tax reporting and compliance process
- Prior experience in the financial services sector would be an advantage but is not essential
- ACA, ACCA and/or CTA (will consider part-qualified applicants)
Please apply for immediate consideration.