Tax Service Line Overview
We provide bespoke advice in all areas of taxation, helping our clients to navigate the complexities of tax legislation, often in multiple jurisdictions, and to help them ensure they are fulfilling all their obligations and paying the correct amount of tax. In this way we help them to manage an area of significant financial and reputational risk and to make properly informed decisions about their tax position whether they are an individual, a business owner or a corporate organisation. We also help clients resolve any disputes they have with the tax authorities as swiftly as possible.
Working closely with the Partners and Directors to deliver a high quality tax advisory service to clients whilst building up your own knowledge and expertise within the Tax Team.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provision of high quality technical and tax planning advice to clients, working alongside other members of the tax team and the wider office/firm.
- To provide advice across a variety of scenarios ranging from share schemes, transactions tax advice, research and development and patent box tax relief, property transactions and group reconstructions.
- Managing ad-hoc tax planning opportunities as they arise within the client base.
- Building relationships with clients and pro-actively looking for tax planning opportunities within the client base and managing those advisory projects.
- Involvement in business development opportunities with other teams with a view to winning new clients.
- Working closely with other service lines on projects.
- Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of tax planning opportunities.
- Actively supporting and developing the technical and soft skills of the more junior members of the team
- WIP management and billing of clients.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Evidence of practical corporate or personal, and owner managed business tax advisory experience.
- Knowledge of share schemes or employment related securities would be an advantage.
- ACA and/or CTA qualified or equivalent.
- A team player with excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Possess a good level of intellectual curiosity.
- Adaptable, organised with a commercial approach.
- A good self starter, who is able to exercise judgement and work without close supervision.
- Ability to proactively manage existing client relationships and to develop new relationships.
- Able to generate creative solutions to problems.
- Acting as a positive role model for the team.
- Possess an understanding of risk management issues.
- Ability to contribute to business proposals and to develop opportunities.
- Such duties may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Mazars inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We recognise that being an inclusive and diverse organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, knowledge, qualifications and experience.