Pure Search have been engaged by a UK-headquartered, Private Equity backed Life Sciences company who are looking to make their first tax hire in Germany. This is an exciting opportunity to work in large business with a global presence, yet have a high level of autonomy within the German business unit.
The Tax Manager will be responsible for:
- Oversight of income tax return preparation for the German group, working closely with external advisers
- Preparing the monthly, quarterly, and annual non-income tax related filings, including VAT and property tax returns, as well as business registrations as needed
- Assisting with tax audits and preparing for review
- Assisting in the development of an R&D Tax Credit programme for the German business
- Preparation of income tax provision calculations for German GAAP financial statements
- Assisting with the implementation of Transfer Pricing arrangements for the group, and maintenance of Transfer Pricing arrangements on an ongoing basis
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a licensed Steurberater with 5+ years post-qualifying experience.
- Feel confident working on corporate tax, treasury and transfer pricing related projects with a high degree of autonomy
- Be an excellent communicator with fluency in German and strong speaking and writing ability in English
- Have experienced gained within a Big 4 or top 10 accounting firm, or within a company with global operations
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please apply online or reach out to Callum McWhinnie at Pure Search.