Personal Tax Assistant
Between Bristol and Bath
Fast growing tax and business consultancy, are recruiting for a Tax Associate to support their existing tax manager providing UK tax compliance and advisory services to individuals based in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of accuracy and attention to detail while preparing tax returns in an existing practice role with ATT/AAT or equivalent (ATT students will be considered.)
This would suit a professional within an existing tax role looking for the first steps towards tax manager or someone in an accountancy practice wanting to specialise in personal tax. In return, the role will provide training and development in management of the UK tax return process as well as the unique opportunity to assist and learn the basics of preparing US tax returns alongside the managing director. Study support for CTA will be considered for the right candidate.
- Preparation of Self-Assessment Tax Returns using Excel and TaxCalc
- Electronic filing of Self-Assessment Tax Returns
- Liaise directly with clients to request information and provide explanations regarding the UK tax position by email, phone and post.
- Liaising with HMRC regarding clients’ tax affairs
- Assist with US tax return preparation to include requesting and collating information, preparation of working papers and entering information into the software.
- Assisting the corporate team with payroll and accounts preparation when needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- ATT/AAT or qualified by experience or Part Qualified or with some tax preparation experience and wishing to study ATT
- Confidence to communicate effectively with clients and HMRC
- Experience with using Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with TaxCalc & Xero would be advantageous
- Strong written English and numeracy skills.
Salary and study package depending on experience -£20-25,000