My client is a big 4 firm with an office in Gatwick. They are recruiting within their corporate tax advisory team.
Their values define who they are and the way they do business. As a leading professional services firm, they know that their strength and capability come from their people - their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
The team is very inclusive, supportive and friendly and they value fresh ideas and innovation in all they do. They embrace flexible working.
They have experienced consistent high growth over a number of years and are looking for capable, proactive individuals to join the team and to be part of the growth story.
The team is unique in that whilst you will have a home office, you will also be part of a wider London Region tax team which constitutes 5 offices. There is great opportunity to work in many aspects of tax and we serve many types of clients and sectors.
We are looking for a Tax Assistant Manager to provide tax advisory, compliance management and business development services to our clients and targets.
* Being the principal contact with many clients on day to day tax matters and working with managers, senior managers, directors or partners on larger clients
* Being involved on tax advisory and planning work on client portfolio and working with senior colleagues and specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
* Assisting with business development and attending client meetings
* Responding appropriately to requests from clients for other internal services. Co-ordinating a number of different teams internally to provide a single point of contact for the client in delivering a comprehensive cross-tax offering.
* Working with the tax computation processing team in the management and delivery of tax compliance work. Monitoring the tax compliance position using tax administration software
*Carrying out tax audits as part of the specialist tax team in accordance with terms of reference agreed with the audit team and advising the audit team of potential tax exposure
* Reviewing corporation tax computations and advising the client on the computational treatment of contentious issues
* Co-ordinating tax payments, loss relief, capital allowances, group relief and other claims
* Delegating delivery of work to junior colleagues whilst maintaining control of quality and timetables.
* Coaching and developing more junior members of staff
* Maintaining strong financial management of client accounts. For example making sure that fees are raised regularly and identifying situations where overruns can be billed
* Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
* Qualified (ACA or CTA or equivalent)
* Sound knowledge of UK corporate taxation and preferably awareness of international tax issues
* Sound knowledge of accountancy principles, in particular accounting for tax (including deferred taxation and accounts disclosures)
* Strong time and task management skills. Able to remain calm when under pressure and meet deadlines
Flexible working and competitive package