Big 4 London - Global Compliance & transformation
It is an exciting key area of growth within the firm which works with clients to manage their tax (Corporate and Indirect) and statutory obligations across their business services. Their services are provided to a broad range of clients across all sectors, from the largest FTSEs to mid-market companies.
The work includes Management Services, Audit and Accounting Related Tax Services, Tax Transformation, Governance and Process Improvement, Outsourcing and Business Technology, as well as other exciting priority areas for our clients.
The Tax Technical team is a critical enabler to all tax activities within GCT and provides expertise into the firms complex tax audits. Audit quality is of paramount importance and to do this efficiently, they maintain a dedicated and enthusiastic team of tax specialists. They are also the engine room of the tax reporting, compliance, governance and advisory work undertaken by the wider GCT team - servicing large domestic compliance clients as well as our Global Compliance clients.
- Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside the firm;
- Providing support to tax technical input on a mix of listed and non-listed multinational groups including involvement in the audit of tax in financial statements ;
- Supporting clients with their group/statutory Tax Reporting needs;
- Drafting advice to clients on GAAP conversion projects;
- Drafting technical input to tax accounting project work;
- Supporting the delivery of corporate tax compliance engagements and helping to lead compliance outsourcing contracts;
- Drafting advice to clients on the tax and tax accounting implications of new legislation;
- Responding to client requests for ad hoc technical advice;
- Supporting on sales activities by working with more senior members of the team to generate additional work opportunities for both existing clients and targets; supporting proposals and propositions across functions, sectors and accounts;
- Coaching and technical support for other team members
We welcome applications from those qualified with ICAEW / ICAS / ATT / CTA or equivalent qualifications.
Experience and Background:
- Strong working knowledge and experience of corporate tax legislation and its application;
- Knowledge of tax accounting is an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong oral and written communication skills;
- Communicating with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear;
- Awareness of technology and automation to drive efficiency, risk management and value;
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work. Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
Flexible working and competitive package