Providing direct tax advice pertaining to the UK, M&A and ad-hoc projects (e.g. integration and company restructurings). As a specialist business advisor the role requires effective business partnering as situations arise either through M&A or interpreting and applying new and complex tax legislation. Provide comprehensive tax advice to projects including, M&A, intellectual property ownership, financing and income repatriation to the UK. Identification of risks/opportunities in changes to UK and international tax rules and identification of mitigation/optimisation strategies in response and/or appropriate escalation.
These Responsibilities Include Some Of The Following
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
- Provision of UK tax support and advice for business including resolution of queries
- Advise on all aspects of tax, including M&A and other ad-hoc projects, identifying wider tax considerations e.g. transfer pricing matters
- Advise on the tax aspect of financing and cash repatriation activities
- Ensure that tax exposures are identified and minimized/managed for both acquisitions and ongoing business activity
- Providing tax analysis on intra-group funding, dividends and ad hoc company reorganisations.
- Provide support and analysis for ad-hoc tax projects, working with local third-party advisors to manage the group's tax risk and effective tax rate appropriately
- Support on relevant projects to deliver the above, taking the lead on smaller projects
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree plus Professional Qualification (e.g. ACA, CTA or local equivalent)
- 3+ years of experience, particularly UK/international corporate income tax experience
- Excellent communication skills - making complexity simple
- Broad understanding of UK and international tax principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Capability to lead and work in a complex matrix environment
- Meticulous, independent and has strong attention to numbers and detail
- Motivated, enthusiastic and a team-player