Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working on behalf of our client, a leading global financial services firm that provides a wide range of services including investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management. The firm operates in more than 1,200 offices across 43 countries, with a Finance Division of some 3,000 employees worldwide.
A Tax Associate is required with a focus to support the EMEA Tax group, based in Glasgow which is responsible for all direct tax returns and audits in the EMEA region. The team also have involvement in internal restructures, firm acquisitions and business unit structures that are on the firm’s balance sheet.
The candidate will have support responsibility for several UK and overseas companies across the EMEA region. In addition, the role requires ownership of certain cross-business unit processes or initiatives.
- Responsibilities for several UK companies and EMEA entities to include:
- Provisioning, preparation of corporate income tax returns, calculations and disclosures in statements
- Preparation of quarterly effective tax rate reporting numbers, as well as the year-end tax provision process for both US GAAP group reporting and for UK GAAP/ European GAAP individual company reporting
- Preparation of UK tax returns and review of EMEA tax returns
- UK corporate income tax return process, including ixbrl requirements and e-filing using software
- US Federal Annual Tax reporting
- Newly qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant or ATT/CTA qualified with experience of working in UK corporation tax within practice or industry
- Knowledge of UK tax issues and UK tax compliance experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate tax software
- Evidence of managing a portfolio of deliverables and meeting tight deadlines
- Should challenge accepted processes, and suggest alternative solutions
- Strong control focus whilst maintaining a high level of client service
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of US GAAP and the US tax system is advantageous
To discuss in confidence please contact Amy Peoples on email@example.com or call 07494 280 152