Our Head Office Tax Function is looking for a highly organised and enthusiastic individual to join their team. We are looking for a proactive, confident and self-motivated Executive to support the team of Tax specialists. This is an ideal role for a positive and enthusiastic team player who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Please note: this is a Tax Executive position but your contractual job title would be "Administrator" in line with our internal role structure.
What you'll do
- Providing daily support for the Tax department including collection and analysis of data for tax returns
- Interrogation of accounting systems and analysis of outputs from other departments
- Assisting with evaluating business initiatives and expansions from a tax perspective, and providing advice to the business as appropriate
- Liaising with internal stakeholders, information providers, external advisers and revenue authorities
- Assist the Tax Function with any tax queries, tasks and deadlines
- Assisting with audits
What you'll need
- A willingness to learn
- A genuine passion for performing tasks effectively, efficiently and to a high standard
- A keen eye for detail
- Strong multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines and a varied workload
- Confident communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- PC literacy – a good working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- IT literacy – knowledge of SAP desirable
- Self-motivation and a proactive mind-set with a can-do attitude and the ability to work on projects and solve problems independently
- German language is desirable but not essential
What you'll receive
This isn't getting by. This is getting what you deserve. Working at Lidl is rewarding, in every sense, because we give you the training to succeed in your role and plenty of opportunities to progress your career here. We're proud to offer a competitive salary starting from £22,000 - £30,000 (depending on experience) with an additional non-contractual 10% London weighting and a generous holiday allowance. Save for your future with our pension scheme, or save today with an in store discount, plus extra discounts on days out, cinema tickets and much more.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references and if requested by the Company, a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- 30 Days' Holiday - pro rata
- 10% off in Lidl stores
- Pension Scheme
- Online Discount Portal
- Ongoing training and development
- Cycle to work scheme