We are seeking an ambitious Assistant Manager to join our market leading Tax Investigations and Disputes team.
You will be joining a diverse team that includes ex-HMRC inspectors, experienced tax professionals and tax trainees from our award-winning talent recruitment programme. Our work focuses on providing advice and support to taxpayers who find themselves in the midst of all manner of HMRC enquiries. This includes COP9 and COP8 investigations, voluntary disclosures, tax residence/domicile enquiries, scheme settlements, ADR and many other types of HMRC dispute resolution.
Your role will involve:
- Delivering solutions to clients
- Supporting the team with technical updates to adapt to an ever-changing tax landscape
- Building relationships in the marketplace
- Providing operational and people support to the leadership team
Highlights of the role
- Autonomy – you will be given the freedom to shape your own role and demonstrate your management capabilities, while leading relationships with clients of all sizes
- International travel – you will be directly involved in driving our global business development aspirations
- Breadth of tax experience – we work alongside our private client tax team and you will have ample opportunities to collaborate with the wider tax practice
- Client type – you will be working with a truly diverse client base, including (ultra) HNWs, OMBs, Large Corporates and Trustees
- Team dynamic – you will work closely with directors and partners (as well as senior management) on a daily basis, generating invaluable learning opportunities
- Newly qualified ACA or CTA (minimum criteria)
- At least 3 years of experience working in the UK tax environment
- Genuine desire to focus career on HMRC tax investigations and dispute resolution
- Experience managing a small portfolio of tax clients (minimum criteria)
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.