Rutherford Cross is delighted to be working on behalf of our client, a leading global financial services firm that provides a wide range of services including investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management. The firm operates in more than 1,200 offices across 43 countries, with a Finance Division of some 3,000 employees worldwide.
A Tax Manager is required with a focus on the support of the EMEA Tax group based in Glasgow, which is responsible for all direct tax returns and audits in the EMEA region. The team also are involved in internal restructures, firm acquisitions and business unit structures that are on the firm’s balance sheet.
The candidate will have both initial support responsibility for several significant UK and overseas companies and a review responsibility for certain entities across the EMEA region. In addition, the role requires ownership of certain cross-business unit processes or initiatives. There may also be reporting and development responsibility for junior members of the team.
- Management and review responsibilities for several UK companies and other EMEA entities to include:
- The review of quarterly provisioning, corporate income tax returns, tax payment calculations and disclosures in financial statements.
- Ownership for the preparation of quarterly effective tax rate reporting numbers, as well as the year-end tax provision process both for US GAAP group reporting and for UK GAAP/ European GAAP individual company reporting.
- Preparation of UK tax returns and review of EMEA tax returns
- UK corporate income tax return process, including ixbrl requirements and e-filing using software
- US Federal Annual Tax reporting
- Management of ad hoc tax projects and processes
- Qualified ACCA/CIMA/CA accountant or ATT/CTA qualified with experience of working in UK corporation tax within either practice or industry
- A strong knowledge of UK tax issues and practical UK tax compliance experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of corporate tax software
- Experience of managing and motivating others either as part of a direct or virtual team
- Record of managing a portfolio of deliverables and meeting tight deadlines
- Should challenge accepted processes, and suggest alternative solutions
- Strong control focus while maintaining a high level of client service
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of US GAAP and the US tax system is advantageous
To discuss in confidence please contact Amy Peoples on email@example.com or call 07494 280 152