This is an excellent opportunity to join a large multinational defence company as a senior member of the UK tax department
You will also be an important addition to the wider international tax group, with responsibility for the tax compliance and planning for a number of legal entities in the UK.
The role will cover a range of taxes to include corporate, employment, VAT and international tax planning with a strong emphasis on corporate tax.
- Strong UK Corporate tax knowledge to include group wide aspects, CFC’s RDEC, preparation of tax returns and provisions for a large company
- Experience of identifying international tax risks associated with cross border activity such as permanent establishments and transfer pricing
- Experience of tax reporting preferably to a US owned parent company
- Covering so many areas of taxation will provide you with the opportunity to gain wide experience across a multitude of tax disciplines within a varied and interesting role.
- You will report to the UK Senior Accounting & Tax Officer with an indirect reporting line to the European Tax Director located in Switzerland.
- Ability to apply tax expertise in a practical manner and act as credible business advisor while assessing and understanding tax impact on company business, operations and transactions.
- Strong knowledge of corporate tax including group aspects.
- Broad knowledge of UK and international laws & regulations.
- Strong communication skills and confident in communicating with individuals across a wide range of seniority
- You will form part of the larger shared service finance team based in Hastings which consists of 10 employees.
GDUK offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. A flexible benefits package, 25 days holiday, an attractive bonus scheme. We also work a compressed fortnight offering every other Friday off.