Job Title: Tax Manager
Adjacency are recruiting a Tax Manager for Kohler Co. The role will be based in their EMEA Headquarters south of Gloucester. This newly created role is a great opportunity for an ambitious Tax Professional to join a growing team. As Tax Manager, you will receive a salary of £50,000 to £64,000, plus £7,100 car allowance, bonus, healthcare and other benefits.
This In House tax role has a broad focus covering areas such as Tax Research and Planning, Tax Controversy and Projects, Tax Accounting and Compliance, Transfer Pricing,
Duties and Responsibilities include;
- Manage tax compliance and reporting process for EMEA (primary responsibility for Italy, Spain, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands and Africa but also involvement with UK and France) ensuring dealt with in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review current arrangements for preparation of tax returns and advise management on alternatives and work to ensure appropriate tax governance is in place.
- Prepare and/or review US GAAP and local GAAP tax provisions for current and deferred tax, tax returns, tax exposures and tax payments.
- Work to continuously improve processes and procedures to enable effective management of taxes and the preparation of returns, provisions, tax payments etc.
- Identify transfer pricing documentation requirements for EMEA and support preparation of local files where required.
- Provide advice to management on changes in transfer pricing regimes and ensure current transfer pricing reflects business flows and operating model.
- Maintain awareness of tax developments within EMEA and implications for the business.
- Proactively ensure that tax is compliantly optimised across EMEA (e.g. review R&D claims, patent box, capital allowances).
- Act as a trusted business partner to the business providing clear, technically correct and relevant advice on tax technical issues across all taxes.
- Contribute to, or in more straightforward cases lead tax input in relation to mergers acquisitions and internal corporate or business restructuring.
- Represent the company and its EMEA subsidiaries in tax audits and negotiations with the local tax authorities.
- Be able to work independently on technical caseload across various taxes/jurisdictions.
Education and experience required for this role;
- Qualified Tax CTA, ACA or ACCA with 3 years plus post qualification experience, at least 2 of which should be in a substantial and complex multinational environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to win hearts and minds.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to work closely with people at all levels and facilitate change, automation and continuous improvement.
- Able to build cross-cultural relationships throughout the EMEA Region and Global Tax community.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If you would like to be considered for this role please follow the online application process.
Applications for this vacancy close on the 3rd April 2019.
Any applications sent directly will be forwarded to Adjacency for inclusion in the recruitment process.
Adjacency acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We provide permanent and interim management recruitment services to a wide range of clients. We source exceptional talent and deliver a robust, value added approach to every campaign we undertake; connecting the right people to the right career option. We bring expertise and resources to successfully deliver upon Finance, Sales & Marketing, Human Resources and Operations remits up to Board level appointments. Each assignment is dealt with by discipline specialists, with current market knowledge, who will deliver a shortlist incorporating exceptional people from a diverse and multicultural talent pool.