We are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to join us at our brand-new site in Bournemouth, UK. We are a multinational corporation with sales in excess of US$2B with operations in over 25 countries. Curtiss-Wrights UK Group represents one of the largest tax jurisdictions for CW with 7 individual entities including 6 corporations and 1 branch. The Tax Department oversees the preparation of 3 Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC) claims resulting in over £0.5M of annual investment tax credits. We file quarterly VAT returns and monthly EC Sales and Intrastat Returns.
The Tax Manager is responsible for preparation of UK corporate income tax returns and RDEC claims for multiple UK entities, as well as dealing with VAT queries by business units and supporting UK tax audits. This exciting new role is under the direct supervision of the Senior Tax Manager. You will have the opportunity to make this role your own whilst growing your career within a world class organisation.
- Prepare UK corporate income tax returns for the UK companies as well as assist with return to accrual reconciliations for US GAAP reporting.
- Preparation of annual Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC) claims for the UK companies.
- Review monthly corporate tax account reconciliations and VAT account reconciliations, as well as to oversee UK process for VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales returns.
- Manage HMRC Income Tax, VAT, Intrastat or EC Sales audits.
- Responsible for quarterly and year-end tax accounting for the UK entities for US GAAP purposes.
- Other Ad Hoc Responsibilities:
- Prepare Interest Restriction Return (IRR) and perform interest deductibility calculations.
- Assist Senior Tax Manager with Diverted Profits Tax calculations
- Oversee estimated payment process for UK entities.
- Research and prepare responses to VAT queries submitted by the BU's.
- Keep up to date on proposed tax legislation by HMRC to assist in measuring impact on the UK Group, its customers and employees.
- Assist Senior Tax Manager with reviewing corporate tax returns for other European locations.
- Assist with income tax calculations for CW Finance for UK Statutory Reporting purposes.
- You will have both professional tax (CTA) and accounting qualification (ACA) OR just the accounting qualification (ACA) would be considered for candidates with significant tax experience
- Minimum of 4 or more years of post-graduation experience in manufacturing corporation or large accounting firm specifically working in Tax, with focus on Corporate Income Tax, Research and Development Expenditure Credit (RDEC) claims and VAT
- Competent in the use of Tax Return Software
- Computer literate and competent user of Microsoft Packages including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with Syteline or BAAN ERP systems would be advantageous
- High self-motivation
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as part of a team is essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent customer service approach
- Time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication & organisation skills
- Resilience and the ability to work quickly against deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as research skills
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.