Tax Manager Role - Financial Services - London - £90-£95K+bonus+benefits
Your new company
You will be working for one of the world's leading financial institutions which specialises in providing asset servicing solutions and asset management to both institutional and personal clients. The delivery of products and services to this client base is supported through a network of offices around the globe.
Your new role
You will be responsible for managing the direct taxes for entities across the EMEA region. Working as part of a team and reporting to the EMEA Head of Tax, the successful candidate will have exposure to all aspects of business in the region. The role will also include liaising with external advisors in various locations that assist with the tax compliance process, as well as local tax authorities.
Principal Responsibilities will include:-
- Managing one direct report, a Corporate Tax accountant.
- Ensuring that all Corporate Tax compliance across the EMEA region is completed on a timely and accurate basis, covering all direct tax returns and related tax payments.
- Managing and reviewing filing positions and treatment of specific revenues and expenses in the tax returns.
- Reviewing tax notes and tax working papers that support the local Financial Statements across the EMEA region.
- Overseeing the liaison with external advisors that assist with the local preparation and submission of tax returns.
- Managing and reviewing the monthly direct tax provisioning process, monthly approval process and tax related journals.
- Liaising with Head Office tax team to support the preparation of US tax return/provisions.
- Managing Corporate Tax audits.
- Researching and analysing developments in EMEA tax legislation and guidance as it impacts Northern Trust across the EMEA region.
- Supporting EMEA Head of Tax with respect to planning, corporate initiatives and interaction with tax authorities and industry bodies.
What you will need to succeed
A formal tax qualification.
- Experience in Financial Services.
- Experience managing and developing other people.
- Strong IT skills, particularly Excel.
- Ability to organise, manage and prioritise work in order to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team but to be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative.
- A commitment to tax and to remain up to date with developments in tax.
- Methodical thinking.
- Analytical skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
What you'll get in return
£90-£95k + bonus + benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.