At Allianz we want everyone to bring their full self to work, so we invest in our people’s personal and professional development. This helps us build the high performing workforce of tomorrow, but don’t just take our word for it – at the British Insurance Awards we won seven awards, including General Insurer of the Year and Commercial Lines Insurer of the Year.
We’re at a pivotal moment in our history following the purchases of the LV= General Insurance Group and the General Insurance division of Legal & General, making us the second biggest general insurer in the UK. We’re building our future together, and we’re excited about the possibilities ahead – interested in being part of the team?
We’re looking for a Tax Manager to join our growing Tax team based in our Guildford head office in a newly created role. This is an exciting time for us, as we look to grow our team to take on the additional responsibility of providing tax expertise to Allianz UK Group.
You’ll be fully qualified and looking to build on your experience within a large blue chip organisation, or have solid experience in an in-house tax role.
In this Tax Manager role, you’ll contribute significantly towards delivering a high performing central tax function for the whole Allianz UK Group. This involves ensuring all corporate tax and transfer pricing matters are maintained, assisting with employment tax matters as required, fulfilling tax reporting requirements and acting as a trusted advisor and expert to your business stakeholders. You’ll also have the opportunity to use your expert knowledge in wider corporate projects and assisting the Senior Tax Manager on tax risk management including Senior Accounting Officer certification.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assist with the submission and agreement (by HM Revenue & Customs) of the required corporation tax computations for the Allianz UK group companies. Negotiate with HM Revenue & Customs on those returns, and agree the group’s tax liability arising therefrom. Arrange for corporation tax payments when necessary.
- Responsible for our transfer pricing compliance as defined by the Allianz Standard for Transfer Pricing, including setting and controlling local processes, managing local file documentation requirements and providing guidance and advice on transfer pricing matters, .
- Advise the business on employment tax matters. Negotiate with HM Revenue and Customs on PAYE settlement and enquiry issues. Maintain a close relationship with Human Resources and Payroll.
- Maintain the corporation tax accounts and balances for the group including tax input required on monthly, quarterly and annual reporting at a local level. Also manage the tax input required for the Corporate Plan.
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager in tax advisory and projects and in maintaining a best practice tax risk management including managing the Senior Accounting Officer certification process.
- Manage the workload and development of the Tax Accountants.
We are committed to finding the right people to join our team. Re-location support and flexible working may be available.
Skills and Experience:
To be a success in this role, you will be fully qualified and have experience of corporate tax, as well as the following:
- Fully qualified in ACA/CTA with a background in either in-house or private practice/consultancy professional service companies is an advantage
- Experience in transfer pricing, tax risk management and employment tax matters is an advantage
- Experience of accounting systems such as SAP is an advantage
- The ability to interpret and clearly explain tax technical issues
- Excellent Word and Excel skills