Tax Manager full or part time hours
Your new company
This is one of the North West's most profitable companies with over 45 years of successful trading. This is a financial services business that offers a progressive environment with excellent career development opportunities.
Your new role
- Continuously improve and manage an appropriate and effective end to end tax control framework, which is documented, risks managed and tracked.
- Co-ordinate the approval of the tax strategy and tax policy.
- Design and implement the tax control framework to support, monitor and report any control failure and weaknesses including the timely submission of tax returns and managing upcoming changes to tax legislation.
- Support the annual reporting of the Group's consolidated financial statement and statutory reporting requirements, including subsidiaries. Liaise with external advisors to ensure the delivery of tax calculations and disclosures for external and statutory reporting.
- Assist with drafting papers for the Group FD, Audit and Risk Committee and External Auditors on the key areas of tax used within the statutory accounts.
- Proactive process and procedure improvements, through automation and effective change management.
What you'll need to succeed
- Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA) or other relevant Tax qualification.
- Excellent understanding of relevant taxation legislation.
- Understanding of risk and control assessment and the design of appropriate controls.
- Experience in preparation of tax submissions, including statutory accounts disclosures.
- Strong performance management and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders.
- Strong IT skills including Excel and Word.
- ACA (ICAEW), ACCA qualifications (or equivalent).
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, this role is open to full or part time candidates.
The benefits include, 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts. Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate sponsorship of relevant qualifications is offered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.