A leading energy business is currently looking for a qualified Tax Manager to join their Tax team. If you are interested in stepping into the energy sector with a focus on renewables, then please apply below.
This is a mixed role and time will be spent equally across compliance, reporting and advisory for all direct tax issues. The business is currently undergoing a transformation project and the successful candidate will take the lead on driving efficiency across processes.
Day to day the responsibilities are, but not limited to;
- Manage the tax compliance process to ensure timely and accurate preparation and submission of tax computations for the group as well as manage the wider group's corporate interest restriction process.
- Input into statutory accounts process to ensure that the accounts provide proper support for the group's tax position and do not in any way prejudice that position.
- Drive forward the automation and simplification of tax reporting and compliance processes.
- Proactively manage interaction with HMRC; respond to enquiries, drive the narrative and negotiate agreement of tax computations.
- Provide advice to the Head of Direct Taxation and Business Units on how existing and new tax legislation impacts the business.
- Provide advice to Head of Direct Taxation and Business Units on major investments, divestments, restructuring and other transactions to ensure tax efficiency.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or Tax Advisor with a recognised Professional Organisation (e.g. ICAEW, ICAS, CIT) and relevant post-qualification experience in UK Corporation Tax.
- The ability to effectively communicate Financial Information at a variety of levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills using both logic and intuition to derive solutions.
- Confident in your own abilities and able to work autonomously.
- Computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Tax Software.