This role gives the individual the opportunity to work across the UK Group. The role will focus on identifying, improving, implementing and managing processes and procedures over UK tax compliance and reporting cycles. The role will also be involved in managing and providing input from a tax perspective into projects undertaken by Group Finance.
- Prepare, review and submit Corporate tax computations and returns for all UK companies, including compliance with CFC legislation
- Maintain a tax status register for all UK companies
- Set up and maintain a Tax Risk Register in the format prescribed by Compliance Function
- Liaise with CTSA administration on items including statutory claims and elections, treaty applications etc.
- Liaise with HMRC on local matters
- Fulfil other on-going tax compliance obligations
- Consolidate the tax provision and information needed for disclosure purposes in the consolidated Group accounts
- Calculate the year-end tax provisions, prepare tax disclosure notes on a statutory level for our UK companies and analyse trends as necessary
- Assist the Head of Tax in compiling a report for the Board on the year-end ETR, cash tax position, tax provisions etc. with commentary on variances as required.
- Review, recommend and implement changes to the year-end reporting process including the implementation of controls and processes as required
- Manage ongoing and ad hoc projects and provide tax input into planned projects such as SAO, CbCR, Transfer Pricing Documentation, rationalisation of the legal structure etc.
- Work with business units and provide tax input to upgrades existing and new accounting systems
- Business Partnering with the business units to ensure strong collaboration between tax, finance and operations
- Work to imbed tax policies within the Group
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required
- Qualified ACA/CTA
- Very good understanding of tax accounting and reporting, statutory and regulatory framework under IFRS and/or FRS 101 and 102
- Very good technical knowledge of UK Corporation Tax
- Experience of using OneSource tax compliance software (for year-end reporting and preparing CT returns)
- Clear and concise communicator with the ability to explain and navigate tax issues with non- finance personal
- Ability to work in an organised and methodical way to ensure both internal and external deadlines are met
- A practical, hands on attitude is required together with the ability to initiate and implement process change
- Ability to work effectively with people across all areas of the business and build solid working relationships
- Good knowledge of best practice thinking in tax accounting and reporting and tax compliance processes and systems
- Ability to think outside the box as complex tax issues arise
We’re a business run by family values, not shareholder returns. Free to act with agility while making long-term investments. And we’re passionate about delivering customer-centric products and services that help our clients build enduring relationships with their customers.
Collinson is built around delivering better experiences for our clients’ customers.
We enrich and provide confidence in the traveller journey with our world-renowned Priority Pass airport lounge and experiences programme, while also creating and managing our own airport spaces. We protect via tailored insurance and assistance offerings and deliver travel medical and security services, currently critical to the recovery of the travel sector. And at a time when meaningful engagement with customers is more important than ever, we drive real-time engagement and conversions, increasing the value of loyalty and rewards programmes.