This is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) working along side a strong team of 9 tax professionals. A great opportunity to get more exposure in tax and within a market leading organisation.
Our client are a market leading Financial Services organisation, with revenue streams across, Insurance, Investments and saving products. Working as part of a very stable and experienced team.
The key responsibilities for this Tax Manager 12 month FTC based in Bristol are:
- Submission of all statutory and non-statutory tax returns across all taxes.
- Advises on all tax disciplines, including corporation tax, life tax, VAT, insurance premium tax, employment taxes including NIC and the construction industry scheme.
- Supports the interpretation and implementation of new tax legislation and participates in and responds to consultation on with HMRC and HMT.
- Participates in industry bodies and professional groups.
- Provides relevant training both to Tax staff and to colleagues across the business on relevant tax matters
- Support the Senior Tax Manager on UK corporation tax compliance and reporting processes.
- Ensuring systems and controls operate in the preparation of UK corporation tax returns, including the review of returns prepared by third party suppliers.
- Acting as key member of the tax team responsible for liaison with third parties preparing UK corporation tax returns
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager with projects (e.g. implementing changes to compliance and reporting processes post external developments).
- Reconciliation controls in relation to tax reporting processes
The successful candidate for this Tax Manager 12 month FTC role based in Bristol will have:
- Experience in Preparing UK Corporate Tax Returns
- Either ACCA, CTA
- Open, transparent and collaborative approach.
- Proactively takes on & achieves ambitious targets.
- Embraces change, and willing to test new ideas.
- Constantly seeks to simplify complex issues/ processes and identifies key points for management focus.
- Constantly review existing process and methodologies to propose improvements.
- High mental agility.
- Demonstrates good judgement.
- Flexible "can do" approach.
Competitive Base Salary Up to £53,000
12 month FTC