Tax Manager, Business Tax Services – Big 4 Firm, Manchester
£43,000 - £49,000 + cash car allowance + pension & benefits
The highly regarded Business Tax Services team of this Big 4 firm in Manchester is looking for an ambitious individual to join the team at Manager level. This is an exciting opportunity which will allow the successful candidate to develop management skills working with a growing client portfolio, whilst reporting directly to partners.
The main duties:
- Oversee a portfolio of clients to deliver work according to budget and deadlines
- Act as skilled people manager who can coach and develop a team
- Provide technical corporate and entrepreneurial tax advice on specialist advisory projects
- Work with partners to build strong client relationships and support business development activities
- Review corporation tax provisions, computations and tax returns
- Manage fee aspects of the client engagement and handling due diligence client take on procedures
- Liaise with colleagues across the firm to provide a co-ordinated service to clients
Personal skills and qualities required:
You will have a solid grounding in corporate tax, including advisory and compliance work. You will be ACA and/or CTA qualified, with a strong track record and demonstrable technical expertise. Due to a growing entrepreneurial client portfolio, candidates with knowledge of tax advisory work for entrepreneurial / high growth organisations would be at an advantage.
Key skills and expertise:
- Excellent understanding of tax legislation and the ability to explain technical issues effectively to clients and colleagues
- Experience of managing or supervising staff with reviewing experience
- Ability to build effective client relationships
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills and the ability to take responsibility to drive completion of projects
- Motivated and committed to continuously developing technical, commercial and client relationship skills
- Effective time manager who can organise and delegate work efficiently to deliver on budget
- Commercial awareness
To discuss in confidence please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 503 0035.
Rutherford Cross is a specialist tax and treasury recruiter servicing organisations in Scotland and the North West of England. To discuss the opportunities in our portfolio or for confidential advice on your next career move please contact email@example.com (Manchester & NW) or firstname.lastname@example.org (Scotland)