A newly created tax manager position position in a leading wealth managements company, this an excellent role for a qualified tax professional looking to move in-house or with previous industry experience.
A FTSE listed leading wealth managers, offering a range of personalised investment management services designed to meet diverse and varied individual needs. The firm manages over £30bn of Funds under Management for around 45,000 clients.
Reporting into the Head of Tax, the team forms a key part of the finance function and is an essential part of the business. The team is responsible for the tax strategy of the wider group, management of tax risk and compliance.
The role will encompass a variety of areas and taxes including:
- Oversight for group corporate tax matters
- Support with front office including working on new financial products
- Deferred taxes
- Provision of advice to the business on group tax matters
- Oversight of VAT returns
- Interpretation of new legislation and case law
- Employee tax issues and share schemes
- Assistance with ad-hoc projects/one off pieces of tax work
- Acquisitions, disposals and other reorganisations
The successful candidate must be keen to develop their general tax knowledge. They must be a proactive self-starter, with a hands-on approach, willing to deal with tax matters at all levels.
Criteria would include:
- Tax qualification (ATT or CTA)
- Tax related experience gained in industry or practice
- Experience of managing projects and delivering to deadlines
- A good communicator, able to build effective relationships at all levels of seniority
Circa £65,000 + Bonus (20%) + Benefits