In this role you will support the Senior Managers in the group tax team, you will support on implementing key tax projects, managing the compliance for the group, and supporting in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team.
This will be a really broad role, as you will work on both compliance and reporting for a major listed group, but also you will support on implementing projects and initiatives, and when necessary, on M&A activity and restructuring.
The role will help to drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that the topic of tax is present at key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Working with international markets to deliver the half year and full year group reporting
- Forecasting the group's Effective Tax Rate, and modelling the impact of business change and any risks or opportunities arising
- Managing the UK tax compliance work
- Running key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
- Partnering with the business to ensure that tax issues/worries are factored into commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
- Helping to maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC and other tax authorities worldwide
This would be a great role for an individual in a mid-tier or Big 4 who is keen to utilise their compliance experience but get involved in a large portion of interesting advisory work.