This role will primarily be responsible for all corporate tax requirements for the UK Group, tax reporting, transfer pricing calculations, and other matters for the Group.
The responsibilities will include:
- Tax compliance:
- Manage the tax return completion process for the UK Group. This includes finalisation of the CT600s, preparing the Controlled Foreign Companies (CFC) Return, the Country by Country Report, Corporate Interest Restriction and completion of quarterly formalities relating to withholding tax.
- Work with the UK and Group finance teams to ensure efficient completion of all tax computations.
- Liaise with external providers to ensure that all tax computations are tagged for iXBRL.
- Prepare interim and year-end tax reporting packs for the UK Group & assist with worldwide Group consolidation, tax effect of consolidation journals etc.
- Work with the Group Tax Manager to ensure audit sign off for current and deferred tax figures, notes and disclosures in UK statutory accounts, ensuring appropriate records are collated and maintained to support the tax provisions.
- Ensure that a control environment is in place to meet the Group's obligations arising from all applicable financial regulations concerning its tax provisions and accounting disclosures
- Tax operating model
- Oversee calculation of transfer pricing adjustments required to maintain operating model on a quarterly basis. This will involve regular liaising with country finance teams across Europe.
- Other areas
- Provide advice with tax planning such as R&D claims and requirements of developing legislation.
- Manage quarterly forecasting process
- Continually look to improve systems and processes to increase efficiency and mitigate risks.