This investment management business is the global custodian to a wide variety of assets. These assets include investments into listed corporates, private equity funds, venture capital and real estate.
Reporting to the Head of Tax, you will be part of a small commercially engaged team. Based at the global headquarters in London, this is a unique opportunity to support the Head of Tax and the Investment Team in providing tax input into UK and international investment projects. As part of this role you will also personally manage a complex compliance portfolio. Advisory work will include supporting on funding structures and ensuring legislation is embedded correctly.
The ideal candidate would have asset/investment management experience, structuring experience also real estate experience would be very beneficial.
- To provide tax advice and support across the and its group companies which enables efficient, commercial and tax compliant decision making, and also ensures tax compliance
- Ensure compliance with tax legislation in the UK and where applicable where international activities are carried out. Responsible for returns being completed and taxes paid in a timely manner.
- Working with external advisers when required in respect of specific projects and legislation.
- Assist with outsourced US tax compliance and project work
- Disseminate tax changes to those who need to be made aware and assist in any work required to implement changes to accommodate these changes.
- Work with external stakeholders to ensure that the group complies with HMRC regulations, which may include liaising with third parties, for example construction companies, real estate companies or accommodation and pharmaceutical companies, on major projects.
- Assist with compliance around grants and trusts
- Provide tax input to CRS compliance obligations
- Liaise with HMRC regarding projects and compliance matters and maintain a good working relationship with them.
- Keep up to date with relevant tax legislation and advise investment team on this
- Where tax changes or new regulations require system changes, work with colleagues to assist in the implementation
- Competitive base salary, bonus and pension
- Truly unique and varied opportunity
- Central London location in suburb offices
- Small commercially exposed team
For a confidential discussion, please contact Rebecca Sheehan at Nebula-Partners directly;