Tax Manager/ Senior Tax Manager - Big 4 - Channel Islands
Are you a Tax Manager/ Senior Tax Manager considering relocating to the Channel Islands?
An occupant of the Big 4 in the Channel Islands is looking for a Corporate Tax Specialist at either Manager or Senior Manager level to join their Financial Services team.
About the client:
They provide local and international tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients including:
- Local and international retail and private banks, fund managers and a cross section of some of the global firm's largest and most important client relationships.
- Intermediaries - law firms and trust administrators.
- Non financial services businesses, in sectors such as software, logistics, retail, hospitality and property.
- Private clients including HNWIs who have relocated to take advantage of the generous tax regime.
Both Islands are going through fundamental changes to their tax systems, which have otherwise been largely unchanged for 40 years. Tax reform provides exciting opportunities for our people and for our clients.
They are closely involved in the shaping of the future tax systems of Jersey and Guernsey and are also looking ahead to help clients adapt and plan for the new environment.
- Managing a varied portfolio of clients (including a broad spectrum of Financial Services clients), including tax compliance and tax advice, both local and international.
- Expanding business networks both internally and externally and developing new business opportunities.
- Working closely with directors and partners across the firm's departments.
- As a part of the Senior Management team you will be responsible for the development and management of junior staff, including delegation of work as appropriate, monitoring and coaching of junior staff.
- You may also take on other roles which contribute to the efficient running of the team, e.g. financial management.
Jersey and Guernsey are self governing islands about 15 miles off the coast of France, with populations of 104,000 and 63,000 respectively. The Islands have modern economies dominated by the success of the finance industry, with bank deposits of £206bn and funds under management of £256bn. Jersey and Guernsey are UK Crown Dependencies and thus enjoy a special constitutional relationship with the UK.
In additional to professional opportunities the Islands also offer:
- A southerly location and temperate climate offering more warmth and sunshine than the rest of the British Isles.
- A rural environment consisting of fields, woodland, cliffs, headland, small country lanes and miles of golden beach.
- Benign local income tax systems, with low personal tax rates (max 20%), generous allowances and no capital gains tax or wealth tax.
- High standards of state health provision with a reciprocal agreement with the UK.
- Low crime rates.
- High standards of state-provided education based on a UK model
- Housing licences are generally available for qualified staff.
The ideal candidate:
- Qualified ACCA/ ACA/ CTA or equivalent, with Tax experience preferably in practice, currently working at Senior Manager level
- Experience of UK Corporation Tax, or other similar Commonwealth Jurisdictions, with knowledge of international tax principles (for example transfer pricing). Jersey tax experience is desirable but not essential.
- Experience working with Financial Services and/or Real Estate clients is desirable but not essential
- Experience in tax compliance and advisory work including report writing
- Experience with managing junior staff and developing individuals
If you have experience of the above we would like to hear from you.
A generous package including a competitive salary, bonus and pension is on offer as well as a housing allowance for those relocating.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.