£50,000 to £60,000 + bens
29 days ago
Georgiana Head Recruitment Limited
Great in-house role in Stoke on Trent. Our client is currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified Tax Manager based at the UK headquarters in Stoke-on-Trent. This role can be pre-dominantly home worked - but post Covid it would be expected to have some time (1-2 days a week in the Stoke office).
You will be responsible for managing tax affairs at a UK level for the UK based Group companies, providing leadership and strategic direction to the UK tax teams and developing the UK tax network.
You will be responsible for tax policy, strategy, compliance, accounting, advisory (business partnering), and relationships with external stakeholders and HMRC.
• Contribute to the Group tax strategy and oversee its rolling out
• Provide day-to day assistance to all parts of the business in the country, ensure the accuracy of the tax position, tax returns and compliance (corporation tax, VAT and indirect taxes), manage tax audits, monitor reporting and planning to ensure compliance with applicable regulations, forecast tax payments and the related cash impact for the business.
• Play a significant role in deploying and adapting the transfer pricing principles and documentation.
• Evaluate the impact of changes in tax legislation or developments in the UK & ROI business and implement strategic projects as required.
The successful candidate should:
• Be ACA/ACCA/ICAS and/or CIOT qualified with practical experience in the tax department of an international industrial group as well as in the tax department of a consulting firm (likely Big 4 or Top 20).
• Have extensive knowledge of corporation tax/VAT and especially international tax law and project experience in tax law. Experience of interactions with HMRC is required.
• Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, influence productively and in a collaborative manner.
• Demonstrate and encourage creative and flexible thinking, exercise good judgement and decision making, be comfortable around executive management.
• Have a personality with drive and creativity, who wants to participate actively in business activities and processes and to change and improve performance.
Having an established network of external advisers and contacts would be an advantage but is not essential