A market leading US Taxes team are currently expanding its Tax Advisory capability within the group, hence has the unique opportunity on offer for a US tax specialist.
As is standard in the market most of the team's work at the moment is compliance-orientated, but they're looking to expand their advisory practice.
Coming into the team you can focus on each of the following or hedge your portfolio/focus on a specific interest area.
- Alternative Credit Funds, for which we'd be looking for proficiency in quantitative and qualitative US tax analyses relevant to alternative credit funds, including market discount schedules, original issue discount (OID) schedules, bond premium calculations, straddles, debt/equity analysis, etc.
- Advisory, which requires strong tax technical and client management skills, and previous experience in a US Tax advisory role.
- Hedge Funds, necessitating practical experience with hedge fund securities analysis and allocations in a US Tax context
- Private Equity, which requires an ability to manage large-scale fund compliance projects and, ideally, a background in financial services, working with PE funds in a US Tax capacity.
- This role therefore requires strong US Corporate Tax experience, the bulk of which would ideally have been gained in the US/North America ideally. Experience advising clients on the US tax implications of various investment strategies, fund structures and relevant US tax elections (e.g., check-the-box, amortization of bond premium) would be advantageous.
- Practical understanding of partnership allocations, including both private equity and hedge fund type structures.
- Asset management experience
- Must be CPA-qualified or an Enrolled Agent, or have an equivalent qualification
If you have a expertise in US Taxes and would like to discuss this role in detail, do give me a call on 07825036267.