Your new company
This FTSE 100 business is a leading financial services institution which has seen strong growth over the last few years. As a result of an expansion in the team there is now a requirement to recruit a Tax Reporting & Risk Manager.
Your new role
You will manage the provision of consolidated reporting numbers, forecasts and external disclosures as well as wider tax disclosures and management of the tax transparency approach within the Group. Additionally you will lead the operation of a Tax Risk Management Framework across the Group to in line with the Group's wider risk processes and approach to ensure that tax risks are appropriately documented, managed, monitored and escalated. The role holder will be responsible for liaising with business unit, tax colleagues and HMRC to ensure our approach to Tax Risk is understood and applied consistently around the Group whilst also providing support to the Head of Tax Operations on group wide compliance matters as required.
* Manage the production of the year-end and interim group consolidated tax charge and tax disclosures with support from the Tax Compliance and Reporting Manager including the preparation of the half yearly briefing packs for the relevant stakeholders in respect of the consolidated tax position;
* Work closely with the Tax Compliance and Reporting Manager to provide additional oversight and review of group corporate tax compliance processes, including tax payments, group relief settlements and claims & elections;
* Assist the Head of Tax Operations in liaising with the Group's external auditors to obtain final audit clearance of the Group consolidated tax provisions, reconciliation and disclosure notes;
* Responsible for the disclosures in the front half of the R&A, CSR report, tax internet and tax intranet pages;
* Responsible for the management of tax risk across the group including developing and managing a tax risk framework and ensuring tax policies are in place where appropriate. To lead the development and operation of the Tax Risk Framework across the Group and maintain an up to date view of the Group's tax risks;
* Secretary to the tax risk committee and ensure approach to tax risk management and SAO compliance is appropriate, consistent across the Group and with the wider Group approach to risk management;
* Responsible for completing the Senior Accounting Officer disclosures annually and ensuring processes in place to support a clean sign-off annually. Communicate the groups approach to tax risk management to HMRC;
* Monitor all legislation changes and consultations and co-ordinate training for the team, details of who is involved in which areas and input on tax matters to the Emerging Risk bulletins produced by Group Risk;
* Provide tax expertise and assistance on Group and Business Projects as requested by the Head of Tax Operations or Chief Tax Officer.
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed you will need a relevant professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CTA) as well as experience gained in a Big 4 accountancy firm. Previous experience of working with clients from the financial services sector is desired but not essential.