With over 5,000 employees and operations in five continents, our client provides a range of services to the oil and gas industry. They are currently looking for a tax reporting and compliance specialist to join their West London office in this newly created role.
You will be responsible for coordinating the quarterly/annual tax reporting and additional compliance, managing a variety of internal and external stakeholders, and look at process improvement for US GAAP reporting purposes. This is a fantastic opportunity to take your first steps in-house or add to any industry experience you may already have acquired.
- Co-ordinate and prepare the initial version of the quarterly and year end US GAAP FAS109 provisions for all reporting groups including disclosures in the external results.
- Regular liaison with local finance teams across various jurisdictions
- Co-ordinate with other Tax Managers for documentation for any Uncertain Tax provisions
- Maintain and develop the existing relationship with the external auditors on tax provision activity
- Play a key part of the Tax SoX processes and controls, and provide quarterly and annual sign-off
- Ensure accurate data is available for tax reporting of transactions and ongoing tax provisions
- Review of and challenge actual results and tax forecasting data
- To support the wider tax team and advisers in respect of the preparation of the tax information to be disclosed in the local statutory accounts for various regions
- Review data flows, the processes and software used predominantly for US GAAP reporting across the regions
- At least 2 years PQE
- Professional services or industry experience are both welcome
- Analytical thinker
- Self-started with a desire to learn
- Excellent Excel capabilities
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment and in situations of ambiguity.
- US GAAP experience desirable but not mandatory as there will be support in this area
- Extremely competitive basic salary and bonus
- Car allowance
- Supportive working environment
- Great holiday allowance
For a discreet and confidential discuss, please contact Finola Mallinson at Nebula Partners:
T – 020 7947 9576