This global insurance powerhouse is recruiting for a fixed term contractor to backfill the tax reporting led role of an existing team member who will be transitioning on to an internal project in mid-April upon the conclusion of their Q1 reporting. The candidate will be a member of the Group Tax team, specifically providing tax reporting and compliance services as part of the EMEA Tax Team with a key focus on US GAAP reporting. The candidate will be responsible for the review and oversight of work prepared by local / junior staff, getting involved in the more complex technical issues.
The role will include;
- Review and management of the UK tax compliance process
- Management of quarterly US GAAP and statutory, tax reporting, including active preparation.
- Responsibility for review of annual local GAAP tax reporting and accounts disclosures. Active oversight of the work of other team members and output from Group Tax Operations. Countries responsible for include especially UK, Luxembourg and South Africa
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders and finance colleagues, including HMRC and other tax authorities on tax compliance matters
- Responsible for preparation and consolidation of US GAAP and statutory effective tax rate projections and capital projections
- Responsible for review of quarterly EVM figures and ensuring that figures and workbooks are accurate and working as intended
- Responsible for development of the Corporate Criminal Finance Act training and procedures
- Responsible for the management of the investment income allocation procedures
- Assist with tax authority queries and audits
- Identifying any efficiencies and enhancements to processes
You will need to be a qualified tax specialist or accountant with a strong knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting and UK tax compliance requirements and procedures. The ideal candidate would be able to start after Easter for a short handover period with the current incumbent, but the employer is happy to wait for the right candidate.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.