A leading mid-tier practice are looking to recruit a Tax Semi-Senior/Senior for their office in St Albans. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established firm within their busy Tax department, which provides advice on the full spectrum of personal tax compliance issues.
The successful candidate will work with the Tax Manager and wider Tax Department to provide a full personal tax service to a wide range of clients including company directors, self-employed individuals, high net worth and non-domiciled individuals. The main duties for this position will involve managing a portfolio of clients, dealing with the preparation of personal tax returns and tax accounting for our tax compliance service, corresponding with clients and HM Revenue & Customs.
- Provision of a self-assessment compliance service to include all aspects of personal tax compliance, including partnerships and sole traders
- Employee benefits compliance including preparation of Forms P11D, PAYE coding notices, business expense claims and end of year returns
- Preparing personal tax and capital gains tax returns, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- Effectively manage own portfolio of 150 to 200 clients, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Liaise effectively and professionally with clients and officers of HMRC on tax compliance issues and enquiries, ensuring that deadlines are met
- Record time spent on each client’s affairs using the relevant computer software to submit weekly timesheets, ensuring that work is completed within budget and raising own bills when required
- Attend and participate in team meetings and attend training such as tax webinars/ seminars and CPD updates as necessary
- Other ad hoc duties as may be required from time to time in order to assist the smooth running of the Tax Department or to provide additional assistance to clients
- Strong previous experience in personal tax or qualified to ATT standard
- Good understanding of tax legislation and the ability to apply that technical knowledge to client circumstances
- Good working knowledge of most Personal Tax and Capital Gains Tax matters, including experience of working for self-employed individuals and company directors
- Ability to communicate information clearly, concisely and accurately, both in person and when using the telephone and email
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines
- Good IT skills, including experience of tax software programs, Word, Excel and other Windows based systems