Personal Tax Bristol
Personal Tax Senior
We have a vacancy for a Personal Tax Senior with a friendly client in Bristol.
The position would suit someone capable of coming straight in and looking after approx. 250 personal tax returns, maybe ATT or qualified by experience, with hands-on client interaction from the outset.
The role offers the chance to join a close knit, experienced team as well as offering a competitive salary and great benefits package.
The Tax Seniors main duties will be:
- Preparation of a variety of personal tax returns as part of the annual self-assessment cycle
- Management of a portfolio of clients
- Monitoring own performance and progress against year-end submission targets
- Reviewing costs and budgets and billing clients
- Dealing with client and HMRC queries and correspondence as they arise
- Identifying tax planning opportunities within the portfolio
- Element of review work or training of junior staff who would be providing assistance
- Able to pick up and handle a portfolio without additional training
- Not a necessity but ideally at least ATT qualified or by experience over a number of years
Other desired skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- IT skills – Iris software, word, excel, etc
- Team ethic
- Calm under pressure
- Proactive and able to work under own initiative