Progressive 6 partner firm looking for a Tax Senior. Great work/life culture on offer. Scope for progression
I'm working with a progressive 6 partner firm based in Barnet. The Tax Partner is currently looking for a Tax Senior to run a portfolio of Personal Tax clients. Given the current client base, exposure to Corporate Tax work is on offer although the individual can just concentrate on Personal Tax work if required.
The firm offers a really nice work / life culture plus, for the right person, further scope for professional qualifications.
Your new role:
This role involves working on a portfolio of clients consisting of sole traders, partnerships, companies and their directors.
- To act as a day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times;
- To be responsible for undertaking the compliance for both personal and corporate clients (preparing Corporation Tax Returns, Personal Tax Returns, Trust and Estate Returns and forms P11D);
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff;
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses;
- To provide assistance on Tax planning projects including capital gains tax, residence and domicile issues, trusts etc;
- Work with partners on one-off technical assignments for new and existing clients;
- To be the first interface for tax/VAT enquiries;
- This role requires excellent communication skills and experience dealing with clients.
What you'll need to succeed
- Good technical skills and awareness on how to use legislation;
- Good working knowledge of Iris tax products is preferred;
- Qualifications To be considered for the role you must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in a mixed tax role. Having obtained the ATT (or equivalent) qualification is essential.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.