Corporate Tax Supervisor - Great Work Life Balance - CTA - £45,000 - £ 55,000 Top 25 Accountancy Practice
Our client is a leading firm of chartered accountants and business advisers looking to hire a Tax Supervisor.
Flexibility for remote working part of the week, with great internal progression opportunities.
Your new role will be:
- To work as part of the Tax Consulting team managing tax based projects, including corporate reorganisations, incorporation, share schemes, R&D tax, capital allowances, loan relationships, intangible assets, property transactions, corporate transaction structuring, tax due diligence and other ad-hoc tax projects.
- A Tax Consulting Supervisor is a significant career stage normally achieved as a result of an individual proving consistently strong technical, job management and client relationship skills at Senior level
- Assist the manager in the planning, control and review of larger, more complex assignments.
- Ensure assignments are progressing competently and in line with commercial targets set.
- Complete client assignment files for minimal manager or partner review.
- Act as the main client contact on behalf of a manager/partner for selected client assignments.
- Supervise the team including monitoring work in progress and compliant work standards.
- Motivate and mentor the team by effective communication, constructive work assignment feedback and effective job appraisal.
- Assist the manager in team communications including identifying problems and suggesting solutions.
- Assist the manager (exceptionally a partner) to help clear client correspondence and client queries.
- Research to a high level all tax legislation relevant to an assignment and discuss uncertainties and opportunities with the manager/partner.
- Review Help Desk queries prepared by more junior team members.
- Prepare reports and advice ready for manager/partner sign off.
- Display strong and pro-active awareness of current legislation and changes, relating them where appropriate to client assignments.
- Demonstrate the skills of planning, delegation and control in supervising a range of work assignments.
- Develop an excellent rapport with clients enabling a manager/partner to entrust and delegate client communications and correspondence.
- Prove suitability to develop to a future manager by demonstrating commercial awareness and control in assignment budgets, WIP and assignment recoveries
Work based competencies
- Ideally CTA qualified
- An assertive and confident communicator (internally and externally)
- An effective team leader, producing reliable results and commanding respect from the team
- Strong IT skills
- Great commercial awareness with the ability to capitalise on opportunities
- Pro-active identification of opportunities to refer clients to specialists
- Able to influence decision making
- Positive energy and team player.
- Effective problem solver and creative thinker.
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Efficient and encourages efficiency in others
- Shows excellent judgement
- Mature and professional: takes responsibility for the job
- Smart Working
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 25 days Holiday depending on level of qualification (ability to purchase up to 5 extra days annually under our flexible benefits scheme)
- 4x salary Life Assurance
- All employee share scheme after 12 months of service
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Retail Discounts as part of UK 200 Group