Tolley is the tax and accountancy business of LexisNexis. We are the UK's only provider of practical tax and accountancy guidance, in-depth reference material, ground-breaking training and learning resources and unique market insight. Established in 1916, when Charles Tolley created the world's first tax table, Tolley has a long established history of working in partnership with the accountancy profession to facilitate an adherence to best practice and deliver financial efficiencies.
The Tolley team has a vacancy for a full time tax writer on employment taxes. This is an office-based role but with the opportunity to work flexibly from home for part of the week.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic tax technical team in a highly successful publishing and solutions business, and be part of the future of market-leading tax information. The company offers an excellent benefits package and flexible working, along with a competitive salary.
What we are looking for
- Ideally CTA-qualified or equivalent.
- Current experience working in practice is highly desirable.
- Experience of tax writing or lecturing would be an advantage.
- The role will require you to work as part of a team across the two main Tolley research and guidance products, TolleyGuidance, our online practical research offering and TolleyLibrary, including individual titles such as Simon’s Taxes and the Tolley Annuals.
- As part of the writing responsibilities, you will play an active part in the team’s Budget Night coverage, helping to coordinate the materials we produce for our customers and professional bodies.
- You will need to be able to operate effectively across concurrent work streams, and work collaboratively with colleagues around the LexisNexis global business, as well as liaising with external contributors to identify writing requirements and review submitted content.
- You will need to demonstrate a keen customer focus, contributing to content-led Marketing materials and be able to support with customer engagements and insights.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to progress in a dynamic global business, not only in a tax technical capacity but as a potential commercial leader, with a wide variety of career paths to follow within the organisation.
We invite applications from specialists in employment taxes. Full support and training will be given.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.